Browncoats Unite!

Browncoats Unite!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thai E-nep sheath/scabbard.

A while ago I wanted to make a sheath for this beautifully simple and utilitarian Thai e-nep knife that Tom sent me:





So I ended up (months later) with that pattern that my leather and woodworking mentor helped me develop, and all the materials needed to complete it:






Here's a pic of it mostly finished, minus snaps/studs, dye and wax:








And here it is after I gave it a coat of Fiebings Leather Antiquer and a heavy saturation of beeswax:






I love this knife and it's a real cutter, my favorite big chopper. Due to its size and relative thinness it excels not only at cutting through bigger stuff but also in the area of brushclearing.
With this sheath I will be able to bear it with pride, and more safely than my duct tape, electrical tape and cardboard contraption.
Thanks for looking,
PMZ

1 comment:

M.D. Creekmore said...

Good post - looks like a great weekend project. Thanks for the info.