Well, here's my latest and not-so-greatest leatherwork:
Slipcovers for my new Gaga spoon knives!
Update on the pellet/.22 ammo dump pouch:PMZ
Holds 2 boxes (100rnds) .22 and prob. even more in pellets:
Originally put a single snap on the belt loop, found it was too loose, added some velcro, STILL too loose, added another snap and finally a D-ring and a safety pin:
Afterward I added a paracord belt loop, maybe 3ft of OD green cord attached to the D ring so as to make it easier to put on my belt...
And this one's a bigun. About 6-8" long and 2-3" wide at widest point. I tried to flare the lip, was somewhat successful.
I call it "cutpurse's dream."
Modeled off of my limited knowledge of a medieval coin pouch:
Now I just gotta find some gold and silver to put in there haha!
Here's another "cutpurse's delight" pouch I just put together tonight:
More of a flared top for easier loading and dumping.
I've only got one (well two actually) silver pieces...one troy ounce silver bull, one old silver dollar...
More silver is on the way lol
Here's a pic of a belt pouch for a folder I made a while ago out of the lining of a police duty belt.
For a toggle I used a fishing weight or some such with a loop of paracord threaded between the doubled-up front of the pouch and up through the front and melted down, thus preventing snagging on the interior of the pouch.
I tinkered with a belt loop but ended up not havin enough room to sew it on, so I simply cut part of the stitchmarks out and reinforced the corners of the cuts to prevent further wearing.
And this is one I just made tonight
Yay, pants for my GRK!
This one is a departure from the norm and IMHO also a departure from my forward progression--I didn't even the edge out correctly, the grommets are too unevenly spaced, and the belt slit is rough around the edges.
But insofar as the wetmolding goes, I did much better this time.
Those are just a few of the things I've made. I hope they give you ideas for your next project too!