Browncoats Unite!

Browncoats Unite!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Escapades in Leather...

MMM...sounds like the title of a really bad B-grade movie:D

Well, here's my latest and not-so-greatest leatherwork:

Photobucket


Slipcovers for my new Gaga spoon knives!
PMZ
__________________________________________________
Update on the pellet/.22 ammo dump pouch:PMZ
Holds 2 boxes (100rnds) .22 and prob. even more in pellets:

Photobucket

Originally put a single snap on the belt loop, found it was too loose, added some velcro, STILL too loose, added another snap and finally a D-ring and a safety pin:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Afterward I added a paracord belt loop, maybe 3ft of OD green cord attached to the D ring so as to make it easier to put on my belt...
PMZ
__________________________________________________
And this one's a bigun. About 6-8" long and 2-3" wide at widest point. I tried to flare the lip, was somewhat successful.
I call it "cutpurse's dream."

Modeled off of my limited knowledge of a medieval coin pouch:
Photobucket

Now I just gotta find some gold and silver to put in there haha!
PMZ
___________________________________________________________
Here's another "cutpurse's delight" pouch I just put together tonight:
Photobucket

More of a flared top for easier loading and dumping.
I've only got one (well two actually) silver pieces...one troy ounce silver bull, one old silver dollar...
PMZ
___________________________________________________________
More silver is on the way lol
Here's a pic of a belt pouch for a folder I made a while ago out of the lining of a police duty belt.
Photobucket

For a toggle I used a fishing weight or some such with a loop of paracord threaded between the doubled-up front of the pouch and up through the front and melted down, thus preventing snagging on the interior of the pouch.

Photobucket

I tinkered with a belt loop but ended up not havin enough room to sew it on, so I simply cut part of the stitchmarks out and reinforced the corners of the cuts to prevent further wearing.
Photobucket

PMZ
_______________________________________________________
And this is one I just made tonight
Photobucket

Yay, pants for my GRK!
PMZ
_____________________________________________________________

This one is a departure from the norm and IMHO also a departure from my forward progression--I didn't even the edge out correctly, the grommets are too unevenly spaced, and the belt slit is rough around the edges.
But insofar as the wetmolding goes, I did much better this time.
Photobucket

Cheers,
PMZ

Those are just a few of the things I've made. I hope they give you ideas for your next project too!
PMZ

2 comments:

tjbbpgobIII said...

The only thing viewable in most of the pictures is your hand. You might want to redo. I did notice that we favor the same axe, any ideas for a sheath to fit?

Berserker said...

Right click, view image if you are interested in seeing the rest of em directly.

For the sheath I will probably make a flat "pancake" with a welt to protect the edge from cutting through the thread and some grommets and a snap strap or band of some sort as well as a belt loop, ideally.

Will post it when I get it done:)
PMZ