Browncoats Unite!

Browncoats Unite!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Project Hatchet Revisited...

Hey All,
I'm back at home for the time being, so I've got a chance to work on some projects, including that of the hatchet sort.
I realized that I needed to spruce the rest of this baby up, not just the edge, so here's what I did:
  • First I sanded it off for a long while using progressively finer-grit sandpaper.
  • Then I used Naval Jelly to remove the rest of the rustiness.
  • After that I kept on sanding it. It still needs to have the rest of the red paint removed, perhaps I will soak it in vinegar like a friend suggested.

A pic:
It's much better than it looks, however it still has some discoloration from the red paint, so I'll continue to work on that and then report back later.

No comments: