Browncoats Unite!

Browncoats Unite!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Project Hatchet Revisited...

Hey All,
I'm back at home for the time being, so I've got a chance to work on some projects, including that of the hatchet sort.
I realized that I needed to spruce the rest of this baby up, not just the edge, so here's what I did:
  • First I sanded it off for a long while using progressively finer-grit sandpaper.
  • Then I used Naval Jelly to remove the rest of the rustiness.
  • After that I kept on sanding it. It still needs to have the rest of the red paint removed, perhaps I will soak it in vinegar like a friend suggested.

A pic:
It's much better than it looks, however it still has some discoloration from the red paint, so I'll continue to work on that and then report back later.
Cheers,
PMZ

No comments: