Browncoats Unite!

Browncoats Unite!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Knife Kits...

Hey all,
At the suggestion of a friend, I put together a couple of "knife survival kits" that attach to the sheaths with cut-up inner tube, like so:
In the kit on the kukri I have:
Aquamira Frontier Water Straw
Aquatabs Purification Tablets, 9 ct.
Proforce Commando Saw
1 of my homemade rustic firesteels (shown below)
1 quart-size ziplock baggie
Approx. 10-15ft OD Green Paracord in a Chris Reeve Coil configuration.

In the kit on the belt knife I have:
Aquatabs, 10ct.
1 quart size ziplock baggie
Approx. 10 ft. OD Green Paracord in a Chris Reeve Coil configuration.
Pretty cool, eh?

Firesteels (only one of these is on the kukri kit):

I think all of these items could come in handy...and best of all, I can use the innertube as a firestarter! (Not EPA approved, lol)...
Cheers,
PMZ

No comments: